Saturday, October 28, 2006

it's a heartache

I can't believe Bonnie Tyler is coming to Australia (she's actually performing tonight), but only doing shows in Melbourne. What a crock. I love Bonnie Tyler and have done since her first hit single - Lost in France - in 1977. I'm sooo disappointed she's not coming to Sydney. First time in this country and all she's doing is two shows in Melbourne n then she buggers off. She must be getting paid a lot...

I guess she's best known for her work with Jim Steinman and the classic 1983 hit Total Eclipse of the Heart. Whilst I like this song and others, my favourite is It's a Heartache, which went to number 1 on the charts in 1978. I'd like to sing it right now as my heart aches for Bonnie, the "female Rod Stewart" (as she was dubbed when I was a teenager). I hope she gets an inkling of how popular she is in Australia (surely I'm not the only fan) and decides to return to do some more gigs, next time in Sydney

It's a heartache, nothing but a heartache
Hits you when it's too late
Hits you when you're dowwwwnnnn

It's a fool's game, nothing but a fool's game
Standing in the cold rain
Feeling like a clowwwwnnnn

Here's a pic of Bonnie (aka Gaynor Hopkins) as she looks these days

1 Comments:

Blogger Litzi said...

Hi Nash,
Very glamorous! I love “It’s a Heartache” too! Thanks for a bit of a biography on Bonnie Taylor!

November 04, 2006 11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page
web site traffic tracking
Matchmaking Services