Saturday, October 21, 2006

quiz

I love those quick lil question/answer sessions you find in newspapers (and more and more frequently on blogs). They offer you an insight into other people's views of the world and in turn, allow you to reflect on your own. So with thanks to the latest edition of Good Weekend magazine I offer the following:

My earliest memory is... hard to pinpoint, but it's either singing nursery rhymes, eating dirt or dreaming of Santa arriving in his rocket on Christmas eve

At school I... was easily distracted

My first relationship... was with Television

I wish I'd never worn... stretch denim jeans and moccasins to school on free dress day

My mother and father always told me... to clean my room

I wish I had... all the answers

I wish I hadn't... divorced my wife

My most humiliating moment was...
when I realised people weren't looking at me because I'm so hot, but because I'd gone down the street with little bits of toilet paper stuck to the shaving nicks on my face

My happiest moment was... one of many, but playing with orang-utans in Jakarta was pretty damn good

At home I cook... very, very rarely

My last meal would be... prepared by someone else and consist of mashed potato, followed by rhubarb & custard

My favourite gadget is... yet to be invented, but it records your dreams. I'll choose toothpicks instead

I'm very bad at... ball games

When I was a child I wanted to be... older

It's not fashionable, but I love... farting... and the fact that I grew up in Croydon, Victoria (hmm, do you think there's a connection?)

Friends say I am... a good listener/giver of advice

The song I'd like played at my funeral is... obvious - Baby I'm Burning by Dolly Parton

If only I could... fly

The hardest thing I've ever done was... come out to my father (ultimately one of the most rewarding things too)

What I don't find amusing is... being stuck with effing John Howard as prime miniature

I'm always being asked... for money and "did you just fart?"

If I wasn't me I'd like to be... Noah Taylor

My favourite work of art is... Starry Night (1889) by Vincent Van Gogh

At the moment I'm watching... repeats of Sons & Daughters (but you knew that)

If I were a car I'd be... one of those environmentally friendly ones

I often wonder... where my home is

So, there you go. Interestingly, the hardest question to answer was "I wish I hadn't..." followed by "My happiest moment was...". They were difficult because I don't have any real regrets (what's the point?) and I've had so many moments of happiness (often from very simple things).

If you've never done this sort of quiz, why don't you give it a go?

2 Comments:

Blogger Litzi said...

Hi Nash,
This is a great post. Your philosophy (outlook) of life is most refreshing. What’s the use of having any real regrets, as long as you’ve learned from your past mistakes and don’t keep repeating history, and you’ve had a lot of pleasurable times from doing simple, ordinary things? I doubt there are too many people who could honestly say that.

I used to take the quizzes in magazines; the results usually indicated that I was obsessive, compulsive, neurotic and antisocial. I needed a test in a noncommittal newspaper to tell me this? I’ve know that for years!

I always seem to be asked for money as well but it’s been awhile since anyone’s asked if I’ve farted. Maybe by now everyone knows I won’t own up to it, so why bother to inquire.

October 23, 2006 1:26 AM  
Blogger Ethan said...

Do you still wish you were married then?

May 14, 2007 4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page
web site traffic tracking
Matchmaking Services