Monday, October 23, 2006

no any ols allowed

In a very early post I mentioned how I discovered Bernard Fanning one night when he was the guest programmer on Rage. Another recent discovery I made watching this music video show is a band called Augie March. Once again I feel like a late bloomer - I'm sure everyone else heard of them ages ago. Their music's great, amongst other attributes it's very poetic and refreshing. I checked out their website and it turns out they record in a little country town where my family holidayed for nearly 30 years. Anyhoo, quite a few weeks ago I bought two tickets to go n see lovely Bernard when he plays here in Sydney (next week) and guess who the support band is? That's right - Augie March! There's just one slight problem... you can't go to a concert with any ol' person, it has to be someone who gets into the whole thing as much as you do, but time is running out and I don't know who I'm gonna give the spare ticket to...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

October 24, 2006 1:26 PM  
Blogger Litzi said...

Hi Nash,
Decisions, decisions! How about Scotty? Or perhaps Sheila? Could you possible attend the concert alone, thus allowing yourself the opportunity to meet someone new?

October 25, 2006 2:10 PM  
Blogger nash said...

Hi Miss Litzi,
Scotty's still on the booze, so he's out of the question. Unfortunately Sheila's interstate (as are most of my nearest n dearest) and going alone means a wasted ticket. Don't suppose you could get here by next Tuesday??

October 27, 2006 11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page
web site traffic tracking
Matchmaking Services