Monday, November 06, 2006

it's getting hot in here

On Saturday morning I made my way to Martin Place in the city to join with others in the Walk Against Warming. I had no idea what to expect - maybe there'd only be 10 people who give a damn about the future of our planet. The rain didn't help raise my expectations. So when I got to the designated meeting point and saw how many people had actually turned out I was heartened. And the crowd got bigger before the walk got underway. Here in Sydney the crowd estimates ranged from 12,000 to 20,000. What I didn't realise is that this was a global event with people all over the world joining in to say to knuckleheaded politicians ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. It's TIME to do something about climate change NOW before it really is too late...

It's embarrassing for me to be known as a citizen of a country whose gormless twit of a prime miniature refuses to sign the Kyoto Protocol. It's empowering for me as an individual to know that I walked with other individuals and sent a strong and clear message to those dimwits in power

We ended up at the Botanic Gardens. You can see the Sydney Harbour Bridge in the background

2 Comments:

Blogger Litzi said...

Hi Nash,
Congratulations for taking a stand and trying to do something about global warming! It’s marvelous that so many people turned out in Sydney despite the rain. If only more people would wake up to the fact that we all do indeed have a severe problem that needs to be dealt with immediately.

These are fantastic pictures! Thanks!

November 07, 2006 11:55 AM  
Blogger nash said...

Glad you like the pics, ML. I had my overseas and interstate visitors in mind when I took 'em

November 07, 2006 6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page
web site traffic tracking
Matchmaking Services