Friday, February 29, 2008

home

About 7 months ago I was on the phone to my Mum when I mentioned I was thinking of returning to Melbourne. After 7 years living in Sydney I'd reached a point where I began questioning what was keeping me there. My Mum told me she and my Dad were travelling around Australia for 4 months and if I wanted to I could house-sit for them while they were away. That's pretty much how I ended up back in Melbourne, back home...

Life was going along at a leisurely pace for a while, but that changed about a fortnight ago. I moved out of my parent's house to a share house (with one other person and a dog) in St Kilda and I got myself a job in a bookstore. I moved on the weekend of the 16th/17th and before I had time to unpack all my boxes (mostly books) I started work on the 19th. So once again life has been hectic. The same week I started work I decided to treat myself to a 6 film pass to see some Gus Van Sant films. Even less time at home to unpack. I saw the last of the 6 films - Elephant - tonight then I raced home so I could post on this once-in-4-years day. Actually I didn't race home, I came straight to my friend and neighbour's house to use his computer (and internet) while he's out seeing Margaret Cho. I haven't got the net on at home yet. No wonder I've been absent from the blogosphere

Oh, this week I also started a screenwriting course. It's all happening. I've got a new home, a new job and a new beginning. My leap of faith is paying off. And as soon as I'm back on the net you'll be hearing a lot more from me...

7 Comments:

Blogger Campbell said...

Happy new beginnings Nash. Good to hear you're still around and that we'll be hearing more from you.
Good luck with all your new things, looking forward to hearing how they go.

February 29, 2008 10:33 PM  
Blogger Litzi said...

Hi Nash,
Leap Year is seeing you jump into a new chapter of your life. Crickey!

March 01, 2008 2:42 AM  
Blogger Mark Olmsted said...

You have books in Australia?

March 04, 2008 7:37 AM  
Blogger nash said...

Hi Campbell, thanks for the good wishes. I'm looking forward to blogging again soon

Hi Miss Litzi, I'm enjoying this new chapter more than I ever imagined. Fair dinkum!

Yes Marc, we do have books in Australia. We also have a thing called the telephone. I'm still waiting for your call...

March 08, 2008 3:20 PM  
Blogger Litzi said...

Telephones, books and kangaroos. Crickey!

I hope you're taking time out of your busy schedule to enjoy the colors of Autumn in Melbourne.

PEACE...

March 09, 2008 3:37 AM  
Blogger FireHorse said...

I think Marc is waiting for a call from you.

March 12, 2008 2:57 PM  
Blogger Bolton said...

hey stud, will be in melbs in january for the tennis. i certainly hope to see you.
much love and miss you greatly
D xxx

March 23, 2008 12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page
web site traffic tracking
Matchmaking Services