Wednesday, November 15, 2006

moniker

Sometimes, for no apparent reason, I'll become aware of a name. I'll see it over n over again for whatever period of time. These past few daze it's been Margaret. Now I don't know anyone named Margaret, at least no-one I'm in contact with, so I wonder what it means. At one point I thought it must be all doom gloom and whatever name I was seeing meant that person was surely going to die (heck, aren't we all). More and more I try not to give it a meaning, just let the meaning (if there is one) reveal itself. So instead of thinking, for instance, Margaret Whitlam is about to expire, I just put the name in the back of my mind and wait n see if anything significant turns up. Who knows, now that I've revealed this lil quirk o' mine there might be absolutely nothing about Margaret to report at a later date, but if there is I'll let you know...

4 Comments:

Blogger Litzi said...

Hi Nash,
Given your “coincidence file” history, I’m certainly glad my name isn’t Margaret Whitlam! Have you checked the telephone directory to see if any such person actually exists? If so, perhaps you should ring her up and warn her that she may be in danger! This is a most entertaining post, unless your first name happens to be Margaret!

November 15, 2006 4:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Miss Litzi, Maragaret Whitlam is the wife of a very famous and progressive prime minister we had over here called Gough Whitlam. She's just written a book about her life.

I always think that you are very in tune with things of a symbolic nature Nash. I wonder who the Margaret is though.

November 15, 2006 8:11 AM  
Blogger nash said...

Thanks Sheila,
I realised after I'd posted this that I probably should've explained who MW is, but it was late and I was zzzzz

Hi Miss Litzi,
Apologies for not being clearer... And if your name was Margaret Whitlam I doubt you'd be reading my blog!!

November 15, 2006 9:24 AM  
Blogger Litzi said...

Hi Nash AND Sheila,
I kind of wondered about the name “Margaret Whitlam”; it doesn’t sound like some imaginary name you’d attach to a dream or vision. But thanks for letting me know who she is. I think this is one of the reasons why blogging with you two is such great fun; you’re both interesting and I’m learning a little bit about Australia through our “chats”.

And I’m still relieved that my name isn’t “Margaret”, given Nash’s abilities to foretell the future!

November 15, 2006 11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page
web site traffic tracking
Matchmaking Services