Friday, November 10, 2006

ol' silver

It's hard to define what I look for in a man (although a friend once remarked I'd screw "anything with a pulse"). I don't really have a specific "type". I'm attracted to lots of different men with lots of different looks and lots of different attributes. The range of men I've known "in the biblical sense" (or even just lusted after) would confirm this. There is, however, one physical attribute I can readily pinpoint. So, because it's just started raining here in Sydney and I'm having second thoughts about venturing out tonight I'm going to introduce you to a group of men I call "Ol' silver" (a term of endearment coined by another friend). See, it's all about hair colour. Men who are prematurely grey spin my wheels. Someone else once asked if I had a Daddy complex, but it's not that. Sure, I do like older men, but "Ol' silver" actually refers to young-ish men with grey hair. They're not quite as scarce as redheads nor quite as common - er prevalent - as blonds and I often seem to notice them on the telly - newsreaders/reporters in particular. For those of you in Melbourne where I grew up, think of ABC newsreader Ian Henderson (what a shame he doesn't do a national broadcast). Craig Foster (former Soccer player, now commentator) from SBS is another example and Channel 9 has Walkley Award winning reporter Damian Ryan (below)



In the States they have their own version, the delectable Anderson Cooper (I'm not even sure how I discovered him). Recently seen on the cover of Vanity Fair magazine, Anderson Cooper is a perfect example of Ol' silver. And he comes with breeding and a brain. The son of heiress Gloria Vanderbilt and writer Wyatt Cooper, Anderson is a CNN news anchor who, as a baby, was photographed by one of my favourite photographers, Diane Arbus. As if that isn't enough, Anderson just happens to be single and lives in NYC with his dog. Hmmm. Now that the rain has eased, perhaps I'll head to New York...


Left: Cooper by Arbus circa 1967
Below: Nudging 40 and sexy as all get out!

13 Comments:

Blogger Litzi said...

Hi Nash,
I saw an article recently on Anderson Cooper and he’s HOT! Is this a good thing that he can appeal to both men and women? Please don’t be offended by this question; I’m not trying to be dense nor do I want to insult you. I’m honestly curious.

Gloria Vanderbilt has always fascinated me; she’s aloof but has a certain “something” about her that’s most intriguing. Perhaps it’s all that “old” family money subtly speaking.

November 11, 2006 2:02 PM  
Blogger nash said...

Oh Miss Litzi,
Your curiosity makes me smile! The only problem with Anderson Cooper appealing to both men and women is it means I have more competition! But also confirms my good taste, no?

AC released a memoir earlier this year (for further reading) and the entry on him at Wikipedia gives a good background to him and his very intriguing family (where's Sheila when I need her to add a link to Wikipedia?)

November 11, 2006 2:19 PM  
Blogger Litzi said...

Hi Nash,
Phew! I was SO hesitant to ask you; thank heavens you took the question exactly the way it was intended! Yes, I’d say it confirms your GREAT taste in men! Do you have any idea if he’s gay, straight or bi (I guess that’s an okay term)?

If you can get Sheila to explain to you how to add a link in a post, perhaps she can clue me in as well. I’ve absolutely no idea how to do that. I was most impressed that you had a “Your Tube” video on a previous post; that’s way beyond my computer savvy.

November 11, 2006 3:19 PM  
Blogger nash said...

Hi Miss Litzi,
Hmmm, my gaydar (100% accuracy!) tells me AC bats for my team (though friends tell me I think EVERYONE is gay - not true!)

Yes, I even surprised myself with my ability to add a YouTube thingo. Of course now I know how to do it you can expect to see plenty more in future. As for those links (which I'm sure are easy for those in the know), if I learn how to do it I'll pass the info on to you...

November 11, 2006 3:27 PM  
Blogger Litzi said...

Hi Nash,
Your “gaydar”??? LOL! I’ve got a splendid idea; why not e-mail Anderson Cooper directly and just flat out ask him? That’d solve the mystery once and for all. Do you think he answers all his e-mails personally? Do you think he’d tell you the truth?

Well, I’m impressed that you were able to add “Your Tube” to a post. I shouldn’t think adding a link would be any more complicated. If Sheila lets you in on how to do it, I’d appreciate knowing how to as well.

November 11, 2006 5:33 PM  
Blogger nash said...

Apparently he's got a policy where he doesn't discuss his private life. I bet if I snuggled up next to him in bed he'd spill the beans though!

And if you can get his email address, let me know...

November 11, 2006 7:49 PM  
Blogger Litzi said...

Hi Nash,
Yeah, I’ll try to get his e-mail for you, but don’t hold your breath, please! Perhaps he’s closed mouth about his private life because he’s an anchor on CNN News and may feel his credibility would be jeopardized if he let it all hang out, so to speak.

November 12, 2006 4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok you two -

First get the web address of the link you want (for instance if its a picture bring the picture up on your screen and then highlight its address with your mouse next to 'Address' on the top left of your screen), copy it by pressing 'Ctrl' and 'c' at the same time on your keyboard.

Next, put the following formula in your post by instead of composing the post, you want to to 'html'. This option is found on the right of your options for creating a post. The formula is as follows My Link


Let me decode what youve just done. Where Ive done capital letters for where your link goes is where you paste your link. The shortcut for this is 'Ctrl' and 'v' pressed at the same time. Where Ive written the words my link is where you write the name of the link.

I hope this is of some help and feel free to ask questions (oh yeh, and have fun as they say when youre trying to learn something that seems tedious at first - after a while its really easy)

Sheila

P.S. I love ol'silver. I call 'em 'siver foxes'.

November 13, 2006 9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ive just realised that this comment section wont let me write out the formula and makes it look like a link. Leave it with me and I'll try again.

November 13, 2006 9:22 AM  
Blogger Litzi said...

Hi Sheila,
Thanks for the directions on how to do links in a post. I just found your comment, so now I’m going to give it a try. I realize you were explaining it in simple, easy to understand terms, but I’m still a bit confused. Maybe a lot confused……

Sometimes I think I should enroll in a computer class and find out how to do all these things that everyone else seems to find simple. Or hire a 6-year old to come do it for me on my computer!

November 13, 2006 12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nash and Miss Litzi,

I've finally worked out a way I can explain the concept of links to you two. Just click on this and everything will be revealed.

November 13, 2006 1:22 PM  
Blogger nash said...

Many thanks Sheila,
I'll try it out next time I post something that needs a link, which will be as soon as I can think of something worth blogging about

ta,
Nash x

November 13, 2006 2:47 PM  
Blogger Litzi said...

Hi Sheila,
Thanks again for your help! Maybe I can dispense with the idea of hiring a 6-year old to help me out and do it myself. Like Nash, now I’ve got to find something I want to add a link to…..

November 13, 2006 2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page
web site traffic tracking
Matchmaking Services