Saturday, June 24, 2006

look what i found on eBay yesterday

Apart from Abigail's autobiography, the other gap in my collection is her self titled album (also from the early '70s). Now I've filled that gap with this treasure. I couldn't believe my luck when I found it listed on eBay yesterday. And it was for sale, not auction, so I snapped it up straight away. Then I realised it was a CD and not vinyl, so it's not the original, but what the heck, the cover's the same. And as a special bonus it comes with other tracks I've never been able to find. In 1972, Abigail's Number 96 co-star Johnny Lockwood (Aldo Godolfus) released a comedy single. On one side he sings In my deli on the telly and on the flip side he sings Number 96. These songs are on the CD. The kooky thing is, it's coming all the way from America...

I emailed the guy I bought the CD from and asked how such a treasure ended up in the States. It turns out the guy grew up in Sydney, but has lived in California for 10 years. It also turns out he's a HUGE Number 96 fan, so I've found a new friend. We spent the afternoon playing email pingpong comparing notes on all things 96.

In case you haven't figured it out, I'm somewhat obsessive...er okay, VERY obsessive. I've decided over the next few weeks (months?) I'll tell you about some of my obsescapades


5 Comments:

Blogger Litzi said...

Hi Nash,
Some of my friends have informed me that I’m OCD in many respects. I look forward to seeing what you’re obsessive about! Perhaps we can compare notes.

June 26, 2006 3:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

July 31, 2006 7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

August 09, 2006 2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

August 10, 2006 2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

August 16, 2006 2:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page
web site traffic tracking
Matchmaking Services