Friday, June 30, 2006

king of the swingers

When I was a boy I loved watching Tarzan with Ron Ely as the eponymous hero and Manuel Padilla jr as his sidekick Jai. Something about running around barefoot appealed to me (still does) as did swinging from vine to vine. I really wanted to live in the jungle with Tarzan and Jai and have a pet chimp like Cheetah (still want that pet chimp). I envied Jai and probably wanted to be him or at least be his best friend. I also probably had some idea that Manuel Padilla jr was an actor with one of the best jobs around. I checked the net and discovered that Manuel recently turned 50. This came as a shock because I always thought he was closer to my age. I guess Ron Ely must be close to 70.

I'm not sure, but I was possibly a bit too young to be sexually aroused by Tarzan clad only in his lap-lap, though he certainly stirred something in me (still does). I'd love to meet Ron Ely one day and I'd still like to swing with him

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is he still in the land of the living? I had a crush on him also (but probably two weeks before you did).

June 30, 2006 7:41 PM  
Blogger nash said...

Yes, Sheila, he's alive and (presumably) well. Maybe you can be 'Jane'

June 30, 2006 7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

August 07, 2006 12:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

August 11, 2006 9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

August 17, 2006 5:03 AM  
Blogger Sir Basil said...

I'm delighted that so many people enjoyed Tarzan movies. The ones featuring Ron Ely was in black and white I remember - and the boys used to miss school [in the afternoons] sometimes to watch it. I think the old American movies in black and white portrayed America as a generous freedom loving country, which everybody loved. I cant however say the same of it now ... especially with a duffer called Dick Cheney around looking like a mix of Elmer Fudd and Dafffy Duck !! Sorry my American friends.

September 26, 2006 1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page
web site traffic tracking
Matchmaking Services