Saturday, April 29, 2006

coincidence file > vi greenhalf

When I was a kid there was a TV presenter called Vi Greenhalf who popped up on various talk shows, including one of her own - Vi's Pad (the title still makes me and some of my friends laugh). Vi died a few years ago and I've always thought she never received the recognition she deserved. She was a unique character and a pioneer of TV in this country, yet her passing went without much comment. I'm not sure why she popped into my head, but I was thinking about her as I wandered up to Paddington post office on Monday. I picked up a 1970s TV magazine I'd won on eBay and was astonished to find a double page spread featuring Vi and her plush new home in Melbourne's Toorak

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well that would have been an article about "Vi's Spread" in Toorak!

August 20, 2011 10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't seem to post anymore, but I was going to write something about Vi, but there is precious little about her on the net. Your post came up of course.

March 12, 2012 10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vi lived in Mathoura Rd. I would chat with her in the back laneway, usually when walking the dog. Lovely lady, very natural and down to earth. Te

June 28, 2022 7:06 PM  
Anonymous Philip Noonan said...

Thanks for your post. I thought of Vi just now too. I was typing the word 'behalf' in an email to someone and the name 'Vi Greenhalf' just popped into my mind.
Like you, I remember my primary school friends at St John's, Ferntree Gully thinking the show's name was funny.
I just found the show on IMBD and see John Blackman was in it, someone I also loved.

July 31, 2022 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page
web site traffic tracking
Matchmaking Services