Tuesday, April 18, 2006

well well well...it's Bernard Fanning


I'm a bit of a late bloomer when it comes to a lot of things. Music for instance. There was a time in my life when I could tell you all the top 40 songs and artists in the charts, but those daze are long gone.

One Saturday night in November last year I switched on the telly around midnight and there on the ABC music video show Rage was Sweet Hitch Hiker by Creedence Clearwater Revival. Now Rage is one of those shows where you sort of get sucked in to watching - if you don't like one song you keep watching because it might be a different story in a few minutes when the next song comes on. Well this particular night I enjoyed song after song after song. After CCR came Kenny & Dolly with Islands in the Stream then Mazzy Star with Fade into You, Kate Bush with Wuthering Heights. And plenty more. Even Peter Allen popped up shaking his maracas (and his arse) as he sang I Go To Rio somewhere in amongst Queen, the Bee Gees, Prince and David Bowie.

The tunes kept coming - from KISS, Otis Redding, Bill Withers, Bob Marley, DEVO, Human League, George Harrison, the Beatles and Crowded House. Two hours after tuning in I was still watching. The guest programmer had chosen well. Some time just after 2am he introduced a new song/video. It was Wish You Well by Bernard Fanning. Now as I said, I'm a bit of a late bloomer. I know hardly anything about the group Powderfinger even though I take it they've been around for 10 years. I've heard some of their songs, but that's about it. Most people will know Bernard Fanning is the lead singer of Powderfinger. What most people may not know is Bernard Fanning was the guest programmer on Rage that night and I think I'm in love

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im Fanging for Fanning

April 18, 2006 2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page
web site traffic tracking
Matchmaking Services