Tuesday, April 10, 2007

my wall

Today I had an appointment in Bondi Junction so I decided to walk there via Centennial Park. I was in need of some nature and I wasn't disappointed. It didn't take long before I heard the raucous laugh of the Kookaburra. There were four of them - 2 in one tree, 2 in another - and their laughter made me laugh. "Gay your life must be" indeed...

There once was a time when I walked from Darlinghurst to Bondi Junction every morning through Centennial Park. I was working in a wonderful bookstore (which is now a Centrelink and is where I ended up when the bookshop closed and we all lost our jobs, ahem) and the 40 minute walk was a great way to start the day. I rarely go to the park these daze, but it's always a treat to stomp around in all that open space.

And now, just for the hell of it, I'd like to show you a picture that caught my eye (and a lil piece of my heart) back in 2000 as the Olympic Games were about to get underway

Taken by Rick Stevens, this pic of sexy Bangarra Dance member Lewis Lampton with the Olympic Arts torch was on the front of the Sydney Morning Herald. I love Lewis... er the pic so much that I cut it out and stuck it on my wall *sigh*

4 Comments:

Blogger FireHorse said...

You are sounding more positive today Nash. Take care.

April 11, 2007 12:43 AM  
Blogger Litzi said...

Hi Nash,
You ARE sounding a lot more upbeat! This is a fantastic photo of Lewis Lampton holding a torch; perhaps he’s lighting the way to better times ahead?

Ha, you’re just walking through Centennial Park and happen to see four Kookaburras. Can you imagine what visitors/tourists to Sydney would think if they happened upon this? Were the Kookaburras in Gum Trees? And yes, “gay your life must be”….to have such exquisite examples of nature right in your own backyard!

Laugh and the Kookaburra (I love that word) will laugh with you…better than AT you!

This is a marvelous post…

April 11, 2007 3:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

April 12, 2007 8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha... do you still have my boyfriend's pic on your wall? poor thing.

it's a good photo though right?

November 03, 2008 7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page
web site traffic tracking
Matchmaking Services