Wednesday, February 14, 2007

coincidence file > nikki

A few weeks back my housemate came home and announced "someone died". He'd heard it on the news or read it in the paper, but he couldn't remember who it was. He told me it wasn't someone famous, but the daughter of someone well known.

The only response I gave was "Angie Dickinson". My housemate said "no" so I suggested he get on the net. He found the answer quickly. It was composer Burt Bacharach's daughter, Nikki, who committed suicide early last month. Her mother was Bacharach's former wife... Angie Dickinson.

Before now the only thing I could've told you about Nikki is that I remember when she visited Australia several year ago with her mother...

I haven't blogged for a while - mainly because I'm focusing on other stuff (my brilliant career for starters), but this arvo I was prompted by dishy Tom Judson. I checked Tom's site (see links) and got listening to an interview he did last year. During the interview Tom mentions a piece of music - "Nikki" - which Burt Bacharach wrote for his daughter many years ago.

4 Comments:

Blogger Single Guy said...

hey buddy...cool blog. Join fellow Sydney Gay bloggers for the first Meet Up this Sunday 18 Feb after Fair Day from 6:30 pm at the Tilbury Hotel.

February 14, 2007 3:40 PM  
Blogger Litzi said...

Hi Nash,
You’re getting a bit eerie with your “coincidence files”. Some ESP enabled you to know that Angie Dickenson’s daughter was dead before you were told; how very freaky! Do you ever scare yourself with your powers? Sometimes I wonder what you can “sense” about your blogger friends!

You mentioned you’ve been focusing on your “brilliant career”; is there anything exciting you’d like to share with us in cyberspace? Perhaps you’ve landed an acting job or been doing some more photographic sessions….or?

Have a very Happy Valentine’s Day…I hope you spend it with someone you care about.

February 14, 2007 5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Nash,
Next time you go and see John Edwards invite him to a show down of powers. You would always win.

February 14, 2007 10:32 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Dishy, is he? That's the best recommendation I've ever heard.

February 28, 2007 6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page
web site traffic tracking
Matchmaking Services