Friday, April 06, 2007

lurking

I haven't really got anything to blog about, but just wanted to let you know I'm still lurking about in cyberspace...

I can hear Paul Simon coming thru on the radio from next door "These are the days of miracle and wonder and don't cry baby, don't cry, don't cry..." which thankfully is a song I like. Some songs heard randomly can lift my spirits instantly. I remember when I was living in Melbourne I was waiting to catch a tram home from the city late one night when a distant busker started playing "Here Comes the Sun" (George Harrison) on his saxophone. It's one of my favourite songs and came at a time when I was in need of some cheering up so I went over and popped a 5er in the busker's bowl. When I hear certain songs I feel everything will be okay...

In other news, I've just returned to Sydney from Melbourne where I spent 2 weeks catching up with friends old and new. Among other things I saw a play, went to the Melbourne Flower & Garden Show, went to St Kilda beach and had a family BBQ at my sister and brother-in-law's place in Lilydale. Oh and I caught up on some sleep

6 Comments:

Blogger Litzi said...

Hi Nash,
For someone who “hasn’t really got anything to blog about” you managed to write an excellent post. Ah, just exactly where in cyberspace are you lurking?? Should I wave at you before I close the curtains this evening?

It’s funny how certain songs can lift your spirits very quickly and others have no effect whatsoever. What’s a “busker”? Is it similar to a street musician who plays or entertains for spare cash from passersby? “Here Comes the Sun” is one of my favorite tunes, too. Totally upbeat.

Has the rain abated since you first returned to Sydney? Do you think you’ll be able to have your roof repaired before the heavy rains start or will you try to make do with dampness all around you (good title for a song). “Just sloggin in the rain…”

It’s nice to have you back!

April 06, 2007 1:56 PM  
Blogger nash said...

Hi Miss Litzi,
Most likely you'll find me lurking in the Tea Room!

Yep, a busker is a street musician or performer

And the rain has stopped today, but I think I'll be out of this house before too long anyway. Ahh, here comes the sun...

April 06, 2007 2:24 PM  
Blogger Litzi said...

Hi Nash,
Aha! The Tea Room is THE perfect spot for you, with your Coincidence Files and ESP talents. While you’re there, please help yourself to some tea, scones and jam. I keep forgetting about the place...maybe I should reopen it.

Abandoning ship to drier grounds, are you? I can’t say that I blame you in the slightest. The rain water may eventually evaporate, but standing water can cause mold and mildew, which creates havoc when it gets into your clothes and belongings.

Enjoy the sun!! I’ve been mired in the fog for too long and feel a bit blah.

April 06, 2007 3:44 PM  
Blogger FireHorse said...

How nice it must of been to escape the emerald city. Welcome back though.

April 06, 2007 11:21 PM  
Blogger Campbell said...

Glad you're still lurking. Often when I hear music I am taken back to the place when I first heard it (or got to know the piece) and what was happening for me then. It can sometimes be a visceral feeling, especially if it was an emotional time for me. Not always a good feeling, but shows the power of music.

April 08, 2007 10:40 AM  
Blogger TotalChaos said...

Nash,
Sounds like you had a good holiday. You mention Here Comes the Sun, and we went cloudy and cold down here today. :}

Thanks for stopping in, glad you enjoyed the Poker game. I have some friends that e-mail stuff like that to me, because they know I know how to set it up to put in a blog. I thought it was pretty funny, cause I'm about that old.

April 08, 2007 12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page
web site traffic tracking
Matchmaking Services