Thursday, December 07, 2006

and the winner is...


The AFI (Australian Film Institute) Awards will be handed out tonight. This year I've managed to see most of the films up for nomination (no mean feat considering not all Aussie films last that long at the cinema). All I'm really concerned about this year is my prediction for winner of Best Actor - Steve Le Marquand for his lead role in Last Train to Freo. What a powerhouse performance he gave as a smouldering, menacing thug. I'm rooting for him...

Also hoping wonderful actress Kris McQuade will pick up an AFI for her role in the comedy Supernova. Fingers crossed

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nash,
Are the AFI, Australian Film Institute Awards, similar to our Academy Awards? Will the program be televised? I hope everyone you’re rooting for wins!

December 07, 2006 10:57 AM  
Blogger nash said...

Hi ML,
Yes, the awards are like the Aussie Oscars and they will be televised, so I won't be answering the phone tonight...

December 07, 2006 11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nash,
Or responding to comments…..

Do you think Sheila will be glued to her television?

December 07, 2006 12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really want to see this film, I have caught the last train to Freo a million times myself.

December 27, 2006 5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page
web site traffic tracking
Matchmaking Services