Tuesday, April 17, 2007

hotter than a pepper sprout

It's time we had some fun...



I love YouTube! I can spend hours searching for songs to play, there's so much to choose from. Last night I watched a couple of Nancy Sinatra clips for These Boots Are Made For Walking, which I was originally going to post for you, but I couldn't make up my mind which version I liked best (fabulous '60s choreography in both) so here's Jackson instead. My Mum has a great vinyl collection and this song was one of my favourites when I was growing up. Mum no longer plays vinyl so sometimes I'll ask her if I can have certain LPs. She usually says yes, but Nancy Sinatra & Lee Hazlewood's Greatest Hits was one she wouldn't let me have. (Some years ago she let me have Liza with a Z and still had no idea I was gay). I read recently that once upon a time Nancy had a huge crush on Lee, but it was unrequited. The pair remain great friends though Lee's health isn't so good now. I'd never seen this clip before today. Hope you enjoy it...

6 Comments:

Blogger Litzi said...

Hi Nash,
You’ve discovered the great fun (and obsession) of “YouTube” also! I could spend all afternoon looking at videos. Here’s a “Coincidence File” of my own for you; yesterday I happened to hear a song on the radio by Nancy and Frank Sinatra and thought how marvelous they were singing together. I was thinking about pulling out my vinyl of Nancy with Lee Hazlewood to listen to later on in the day. Like your Mum, I too have an extensive collection of LP Records…it’s an age thing. Nancy Sinatra was definitely “hot” back in the 60’s with her mini-skirts and long white boots.

Thanks for the memories (damn, that line’s been taken too) this video brought back!

BTW, vinyls are quite “collectible” now; I’m stunned at some of the prices sellers get for them on eBay. I’ve thought about selling off parts of my collection, but most of them are scratched, warped and overplayed.

April 18, 2007 2:01 AM  
Blogger nash said...

Hi Miss Litzi,
Love the "Coincidence File"! I have a pretty big collection of vinyl too and every now n then I'll crank up the gramophone. I know what you mean about the price of some vinyl - I've bought a few albums on eBay

April 18, 2007 9:09 AM  
Blogger Litzi said...

Hi Nash,
If I’d known back when that my LP records would be collectible some day I might’ve taken better care of them. You crank up your “gramophone”??? That was a bit before my time…However, I can remember a friend of mine’s Grandmother had one of those old fashioned turn-the-handle record players, complete with old 78 records. And there was an old “player” piano, with the rolls of music that you inserted to hear the tunes magically play themselves.

I hope the vinyl that you’ve bought on eBay is in better shape than mine are!

April 18, 2007 10:57 AM  
Blogger TotalChaos said...

Hey Nash, Had forgotten all about this. Great, thanks for putting it up. I moved around so much I never saved any of my old LP's, got left here and there. I put up a YouTube of Proud Mary, and Time has Come Today, on the secondary blog. Maybe you like that music too.

April 18, 2007 11:11 AM  
Blogger FireHorse said...

A collection of vinyl - that's great. I wish I still had my old records.

Nash, I would like to chat to you sometime as I think we have things in common. I like the way you share your stories so I feel it would be nice to have a yarn with someone with similar interest.

April 21, 2007 11:13 AM  
Blogger nash said...

Hi Denys,
I've added an email address to drift, so you can contact me there...

April 21, 2007 1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page
web site traffic tracking
Matchmaking Services