Thursday, May 10, 2007

pick a card

I came across this Tarot card thingo via a new visitor to drift (Thanks Brechi; there's a link to his blog in the previous post's comments. Yep, I'm still lazy about linking). Anywaze, I've had a set of Tarot cards for many years and did a course about 10 years ago so I could learn how to read them. I haven't read for anyone else recently, but from time to time I'll read for myself (some people suggest this is not such a good idea, but that doesn't stop me). When I took this test (below) I discovered I am the Hierophant. I'm happy with the result, though I wasn't exactly sure what "hidebound" meant. According to my dictionary it means "narrow and rigid in opinion." Ha! What the hell would they know? Please feel free to take the test and share your results


You are The Hierophant
Divine Wisdom. Manifestation. Explanation. Teaching.


All things relating to education, patience, help from superiors.The Hierophant is often considered to be a Guardian Angel.


The Hierophant's purpose is to bring the spiritual down to Earth. Whereas the High Priestess between her two pillars deals with realms beyond this Earth, the Hierophant (or High Priest) deals with worldly problems. He is well suited to do this because he strives to create harmony and peace in the midst of a crisis. The Hierophant's only problem is that he can be stubborn and hidebound. At his best, he is wise and soothing, at his worst, he is an unbending traditionalist.


What Tarot Card are You?
Take the Test to Find Out.


10 Comments:

Blogger Litzi said...

Hi Nash,
What fun! Surprise, surprise! I am “The High Priestess”. Science, Wisdom, Knowledge, Education…. The High Priestess is the card of knowledge, instinctual, supernatural, secret knowledge. She holds scrolls of arcane information that she might, or might not reveal to you. The moon crown on her head as well as the crescent by her foot indicates her willingness to illuminate what you otherwise might not see, reveal the secrets you need to know. The High Priestess is also associated with the moon, however, and can also indicate change or fluxuation, particularly when it comes to your mood.

I can see some similarities between your blogger persona and The Hierophant. You’re peaceful, wise, soothing and seem to like harmony in the world around you.

I didn’t know you were into Tarot Card reading. Madame Litzi holds her head down in utter shame. You should be the one in the kiosk handing out prognostications!

Thanks for this delightful and enlightening post!

May 10, 2007 1:01 PM  
Blogger Geoffrey said...

I'm "The Wheel of Fortune"!

Thanks Nash ... fun.

May 10, 2007 2:30 PM  
Blogger Ethan said...

I already know I'm the Incorrigible Flirt.

May 11, 2007 4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nash,

This is my first blog post ever so forgive me if I am not up on Blog etiquette . I am the high priestess too. Looks like you might be surrounded by them.

I thought the non dictionary description was very accurate.

Anyway, you have inspired me to do a quick Four Card Spread. I have this fantastic book called 'The way of the tarot: A jungian approach for working more deeply with the tarot'.

May 11, 2007 10:52 PM  
Blogger Campbell said...

I am the Wheel of Fortune -"Good fortune and happiness but sometimes a species of intoxication with success".
I like the intoxication bit. I find I enjoy being intoxicated (funnily enough not with alcohol - although I certainly do enjoy imbibing!). I enjoy being intoxicated with love, lust, a new experience, a new friend.
But it can sometimes be all consuming, and I need to be careful of that.
Thanks for your wisdom and soothing nature Nash. We all need each other for fullness of life.

May 13, 2007 1:39 PM  
Blogger nash said...

How balanced of us all - 2 High Priestesses and 2 Wheels of Fortune. As for that Incorrigible Flirt, I'm still contemplating what to do with him...

Welcome barsony50 - I feel privileged that you made your debut here at 'drift'

May 14, 2007 9:51 AM  
Blogger IAN said...

i am the devil. yikes!

May 14, 2007 1:51 PM  
Blogger nash said...

Hi Ian,
Well all I can say is, better the devil you know...

May 14, 2007 3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was the devil. Must be because I'm agnostic, live in a fantasy world and like computer games. I suppose it could have been worse.

June 06, 2007 10:07 PM  
Blogger nash said...

Hello anonymous,
Perhaps you're the horny devil...

June 07, 2007 2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page
web site traffic tracking
Matchmaking Services